1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I'd never been a "Best Lady" in a wedding, and I have to say, it was a pretty awesome experience. Getting to be a part of a wedding ceremony is cool, and even more awesome when you love and are totally excited for the couple getting married.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't make resolutions, but I do make yearly lists, like this one, and last year's list was a bit of a wash, actually. I'm hoping to do much better this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My friend Lori, in Ohio! The cuteness is killing me!
4. Did anyone close to you die? yes, my Nana.
5. What places did you visit? I visited friends and family in Rhode Island, went to Chincoteague Island in Virginia. I also spent a lot of time driving back and forth to New Jersey.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A better sense of purpose and direction. Some answers for questions I've been asking myself for a long time.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I am bad with dates. but I've had several snippets stand out- Katie's 30th birthday, Weddings, Watching my little cousin turn one. People coming to visit me in Baltimore, starting the quest for the best burger in Baltimore.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I adopted a cat! and he's awesome. and bitey. I also catered two bridal showers, which was a lot of fun.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not making very many positive changes in my life that I've wanted to. On many levels.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really- a few colds, some dental stuff, but mostly I've been good.
11. What was the best thing you bought? My Macbook, for sure. It rocks.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All the cousins and friends who got married this year! I can't help it, I'm a romantic sap. I love weddings.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I try to not get too appalled and depressed at other people's behavior. I can't think of anything right now that I was appalled enough to put on this list. I may come back to it.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent. Food. Cat expenses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Porkapalooza, baking contests at work, Chincoteague. Menu planning for the two wedding showers.
16. What song do you associate with 2009? That's a tough one. I think anything by Sara Barrelles will probably remind me of this year. I've been listening to her a lot.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer
(note to self: fix this for next year. yeesh)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I'd read more. I knocked about eight books out on vacation, but I am not reading as many books as I would like to.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Staying in my apartment when I could be out doing things. there is life outside my apartment!
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009? With the family, in New Jersey.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Nope, not even close, sadly.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I think it's a three way tie between Glee, Modern Family, and How I Met your Mother.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2009? I think I went to see Whip it with Katie and Lisa.
24. What was the best book you read? I really liked Paper Towns by John Green
25. What did you want and get? A shiny, red Kitchenaid stand mixer! Thanks Santa!
26. What did you want and not get? I want an ipod touch. however, I know that I have a perfectly fine working ipod classic, and do not NEED an ipod touch. Still, though. want.
27. What was your favorite film of this year? Julie/Julia was pretty good.
28. Did you make some new friends this year? I did!
29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I'm not sure. Someone to share it with, I think.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? heh. I do not have a personal fasion concept.
31. What kept you sane? Talking to Potter and Jack on gchat, mostly.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? The cast of Glee. I love them in my heart.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? I think the issue of marriage equality- Yays in DC, Iowa, and Vermont- Boos for Maine, New York, and various and sundry other states. Keeping my fingers crossed that good things happen in New Jersey.
34. Who did you miss? I missed my Nana, very, very, very much. I also missed my aunt. We had a lot of joy this year with my family, but a lot of sadness too- and them missing it made me ache sometimes. This Christmas especially, the first one without my Nana, was especially hard.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Sometimes, the only way out is through. And progress doesn't happen overnight.