Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The banana pudding of my dreams.

Every year, my family goes to Chincoteague Island in Virgina. Last year, a barbecue place, called Woody's barbecue opened, and it is fantastic. They make pulled pork sandwiches that are amazing, and all of their sides are fantastic too.

Especially their banana pudding. The Banana pudding at Woody's is unbeliveable. smooth, creamy, with just the right amount of banana flavor. It makes me sad that I only get it once a year. A few days ago, I was having a banana pudding craving. Since I've never made it before, I decided to make it myself, to see if I could get it right.

Man, was it right. Layers of vanilla cookie and bananas melded together, infusing the pudding with a banana essence. Delicious. and stupid easy. I will be making this again and again.

Banana Pudding
two boxes of Vanilla Pudding from Trader Joes, Prepared (you just need to add milk. I recommend whole milk)
Half a container of Vanilla Wafers From Trader Joe's
3-4 bananas, depending on size.

Prepare the pudding according to the box. In a bowl (I used a pretty big Pyrex one) layer cookies, banana, and pudding. continue to layer until you just have a layer of pudding on the top. Place in fridge overnight (Trust me. It needs time. Good things come to those who wait.)

No comments:

Post a Comment