Tuesday, June 16, 2009

10,119

My sister sent me this link today.

I have been on the planet for ten thousand, one hundred, and nineteen days.

ten thousand.

That number seems so large, in comparison with what I've done with my life so far.

It doesn't help that I am feeling a bit aimless, and directionless in my life right now. and uninspired. I am someone that does very well with teamwork, and looking forward, and working to make positive change, and wants to be inspired to do better every day. To work for the common good.

What am I doing to contribute as a citizen of the world? When I ask this question of myself, I imagine a giant, echoing chamber that reverberates until it's a whisper, without an answer.

I know that I have done things, in past jobs, and activities, that have made me feel like I'm making a positive difference. To take a deep breath and feel that you are really doing the right thing. It seems that I've lost that. I know that it's on me to make these changes to make myself better. For me. for my family, for my community, and for the world. And that is what I begin today.

I am accountable for those ten thousand days. I am accountable for the next ten thousand, and the one after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment