Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rice Krispie Cake

Photo Credit: Brielle Welzer

My sister is a lover of all things Rice Krispie. She has a very specific way that she likes them, plain rice crispies, with the sprinkles are little, tiny hard balls of multicolored sugar. (no other substitutes or replacements accepted)

A few years ago, she made Rice Krispie treats with fruity pebbles. While they are also awesome, you may need a moment to come out of diabetic shock after you eat one.

So this year for her birthday, I began to hatch a plan. I wanted to make her rice krispie something for her birthday celebration. but what? just a stack of cut up squares would not do.

So I created the Rice Krispie Cake. a three layer cake, made entirely with rice crispies, and decorated with circle dots of fruity pebbles rice krispie circles, and a flower on top.

it was huge. it was awesome. it was giant, and sugary. and I kind of want a slice right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment