Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jimmy's















*I'm trying to find the Best Burger in Baltimore want to know more? Click here.



I'm beginning to understand the maxim "you can't judge a book by it's cover" because I freqently make judgements (in a food snobbery way) about some of the places on our list. One of those places was Jimmy's. I had been there before (in fact, Julie and I went there for Baltimore Over Easy) and I had liked it then- solid diner food, decent scrapple, no frills, and inexpensive. Julie and I had made plans to meet in Fell's so we could do some Christmas shopping and get a burger to cross one off the list, so we thought that we might as well do Jimmy's.

It was pretty empty on the Wednesday night we were there, which meant that the service was fast. We ordered the Jim Dandy Burger, which was a 1/2 lb burger with your choice of cheese and toppings. I got mine with American, pickles and mayo.  I ordered the burger medium rare, and it was truly medium rare, which is nice.  Frequently I think that shops are a little gun shy with medium rare, and I end up with more of a medium burger. Julie ordered hers medium, and it was a little on the medium well side. The burger was really really good. The meat was seasoned well, the bun stood up to the meat- soaking up the juices from the burger.


The fries were from frozen, but they were cooked well, and were nice and hot. The price point was excellent- about seven bucks for a burger, fries and a soda. The moral of this story? Don't be a food snob- the best burgers come from unexpected places!

It's a solid #2- Jennings is still holding tight at the first spot- but if I'm in Fell's and I want a burger, this is where I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment