Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Great Rib Cookoff

I'm not going to lie, I'm competitive. I like to win, and I like to compete. On the Wii, board games, card games, you name it.  My favorite kinds of competitions are cooking competitions.  I've competed in cookie bake-offs, chilli contests, and all sorts of dessert bake-offs.

Two years ago when my family was making our annual trek to Chincoteague Island in Virginia, I called up my uncle Dave, and issued a throwdown challenge- a mano-y mano rib cookoff. The first year, I emerged victorious, Last year, my cousin Potter joined in the competition as well, and my uncle Dave was the clear winner.

This year, when July comes around, I will be ready.  In order to get myself psyched up and to throw down the gauntlet, I made a youtube video.




IT IS ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment