Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year In Review, 2010

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Went to Japan! It was seriously the highlight of my year-  a great time, with a great friend.  I can't wait to go back. 
 
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did okay with my Yearly list, but I want to complete EVERYTHING on this year's list before I turn thirty.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope!

 
 4. Did anyone close to you die?  I am very lucky to be able to say no.

 
5. What places did you visit?  I visited friends and family in Rhode Island, went to Chincoteague Island in Virginia. I also spent a lot of time driving back and forth to New Jersey.


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Last year I said: "A better sense of purpose and direction. Some answers for questions I've been asking myself for a long time. "  and unfortunately, I have to repeat that.  and make it happen this year.


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I don't think I have any specific dates burned into my brain, just some good memories throughout the year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?  Beginning my new Cookbook Blog, I think.

9. What was your biggest failure?  Not completing all of my 28 in the 28th list,  sitting at home in my apartment much more frequently than I wanted to.
 10. Did you suffer illness or injury?  let's see.... I fell and jacked up my wrist in Japan,  I burned myself pretty badly in November... I think those are the two major ones.
 11. What was the best thing you bought?  I didn't really make any big purchases this year, but I think the groceries for The Project have been pretty awesome. Oh! My palm Pre is pretty great.
 12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My sister! Her first semester in grad school, and she's a straight A student. Woo, for the Super Smarty!
 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I try to not get too appalled and depressed at other people's behavior. I can't think of anything right now that I was appalled enough to put on this list. I may come back to it.
 
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent. Food. Cat expenses. (same as last year!) and some car expenses


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?   Trip to Japan!  Week in Chincoteague, Beginning the Cookbook Project!
 16.  What song do you associate with 2010?  This is hard, because the most recent songs are the ones that have been on the brain recently. (namely the Glee cover of Teenage Dream)  but I also listened to a lot of Edie Carey (like every year) and The Rescues, and The Weepies.

 
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?  Happier
b) thinner or fatter?  Fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer
 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I'd read more. I knocked about eight books out on vacation, but I am not reading as many books as I would like to.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Staying in my apartment when I could be out doing things. there is life outside my apartment!


20. How did you spend Christmas in 2009?  With the family, in New Jersey.


21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Nope, not even a little bit.
22. What was your favorite TV program? GLEE.
23. What did you do for your birthday in 2010?   I had a wonderful birthday this year- I went to Chincoteague Island, where my mom and aunt and cousin had rented a house, and ate good food, and relaxed. it was winderful

24. What was the best book you read? Hmmmm. I can't think of anything that stood out in a crazy awesome way, but I really liked Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leviathan

 
25. What did you want and get?  An awesome Cuisinart Food processor! (also awesome kitchen supplies.

 
26. What did you want and not get? A fancy camera, and an ipad. I don't think they'll be on the menu this year either, but a girl can dream.

 
27. What was your favorite film of this year?  Toy Story 3. and Harry Potter. It's a tie!


28. Did you make some new friends this year? I did!


29.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I think a better sense of direction in life would have made it somewhat more excellent and satisfying, but I feel like like i've had a pretty good year.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

 
31. What kept you sane?  Good friends, Talking to my cousin Kelly on the phone, and emails with my cousin Kate.

 
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Rachel Maddow.

 
33. What political issue stirred you the most?  The striking down of DADT was an awesome end to a fraught political year. Mostly, I've just been annoyed that Democrats couldn't get more done. 
 
34. Who did you miss? I think I missed My little cousin Evan the most- He's growing up so fast, and it's hard that I don't get to see him as often as I'd like. It's better now that we can Skype and I can see his cute face on a regular basis.

 
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.  You're the only person who can make YOU happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment