Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ten Things That Are Making Me Happy Right Now

1 Lizzie Bennet Diaries


So this web series is a re-telling of Pride and Prejudice, and the format is Youtube Channel (Lizzie Bennet is a vlogger)  It is really smart, and fairly faithful to the books (people who are sticklers about sticking to the books might want to look away; there are some small liberties and changes made, but nothing huge)  there are 97 episodes so far, and I'm willing to bet that they'll wrap up at an even hundred. New episodes are Mondays and Thursdays, and I need someone to catch up because I love it so much and want to taaaaaaaaaaalk about it!   Some of you have to be insomniacs/have too much time on your hands/ need something to do while you're knitting, right? COME ON, IT'S AWESOME.

2  Chocolate Milk- Trader Joe's Organic Midnight Moo + Tall glass of milk = Very Happy Val

3 Pickles! I know I've already posted about the pickles I've made, but my dad and grandmom recently tried them, and they said that they were authentic to how my great grandmother made them! It seriously was the most rewarding experience I've had cooking in a while- to be able to make them for my dad and G... it was great.  Now I'm contemplating making a whole dinner from that book. 

4 The Mountain goats, specifically the songs Love Love Love and This Year. 


5 Tomorrow is the first day of spring!  I am looking forward to this winter being over. 

6 Cooking Project: Making preserved lemons. This started because of a joke, but they look really pretty chilling on my counter. 

7 Apple Cider Caramels: I made the Smitten Kitchen ones with my friend Abby, and then I went rouge and made orange caramels and covered them in chocolate. Result: pretty good. 


8 Have I talked about this hummus before? no? Go make it. It sounds fussy, but it is TOTALLY WORTH IT. Look how pretty mine is:


9  Planning Canning for the summer!  I am going to utilize the heck out of the farmer's market.  Making my own jams, more pickles, and tomato sauce- it's going to be great. 

10  My cousins are coming to visit in April!  The Rhode Island contingent is hitting Baltimore hard.  I can't wait to show them my city!

What is making you happy right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment