Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Workbowls

So last week my roommate and I went thrifting, and I found a set of ten nestled anchor bowls that were nested. It has made my prep work so much easier! 


All of the chopping

I have been working on making sure I have my Mis-en-place (french for everything in it's place) when I am cooking, and I have to say, It makes for much easier cooking. (The downside is the amount of dishes) But I'm also finding it's easier to clean as I go with them. 

So today's my day off, and I started off by roasting this chicken: 
Hello, chicken, you are tasty.

Then, I started with a riff on the Pioneer Woman's White Chili, Which i think is perfect for the fall weather that we've been having.   Now the stock is simmering on the stove, and my ingredients (above) are patiently waiting to become Chicken Corn Chowder. 

If only my other day off activities were this rewarding and delicious.  However laundry, it is not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment