Friday, May 18, 2012

Dinner with Jack


I was in a cooking mood, so I picked up some stuff as I was leaving work on Wednesday, and called Jack to see if she wanted me to cook her dinner. To the suprise of exactly no one, she said yes. So I trucked over to Hampden, and made dinner for Jackie and her roommate.  (You know, because I'm the Best Sister Ever). 




The first thing I did was set some artichokes to steam (or more accurately, to boil)


While we were waiting for them to finish, I made some avocado toasts: 


Toasted bread, a little butter, avocado smushed on, salt, pepper, squeeze of lemon. 

And some Caprese toasts: 

Toasted bread, balsamic vinegar, kumatos, basil, mozzerella, and a little salt. 

By then, the artichokes were done, and I served them with lemon butter and a mock- Sauce gribiche (if you follow the link, it's the smoother one) to dip the petals in.  We ate outside, and relaxed- it was a really nice spring night.  I'm looking forward to more dinners in Hampden when I move there next month!


And dessert was mascarpone lemon dip for strawberries and Toasted Coconut Thins: 

mmmmmm, lemony goodness....

One of my favorite things to do is cook for other people, even when it is as simple as this

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Some questions: 1) is that a lemon I see boiling with the artichauts? 2)What is a kumato? 3) could you please come over tonight and cook for me? I know you don't live down the street, but I'm sure I'll be hungry tonight and I'd like to eat, and you apparently know how to do solve that problem.

    Miss you babe! Jackie is a very lucky m-fer!!!

    ReplyDelete